Friday, February 12, 2016

~~My BJD Collection ("Other")~~

I think it is important to know that I divide up my BJD collection into three major groups.

The first group is my "Main" collection, which are my character driven SDs that have a big world and connected story; they are usually taller and more realistic BJDs. They are the dolls I have out on display, and I focus on photographing them and writing about them. They are the dolls that I focus on the most.

The second group are the dolls that serve as my muses and whimsical inspirations. Dolls listed as muses are exactly that: while they may not have deep stories, they greatly inspire me and I adore working on them. They have a deep and personal connection with me, despite having no story. The whimsical dolls are creatures that are come from a fanciful imagination. They become what I need them to be. They may not have deep stories, but they share a connection to fantasy elements and are representations of my imagination. They become what I need them to be at that moment. The Unoas fall into this category as well, but I list them separately because I collect them in various resin tones; they are the few sculpts that I like to have more than one of in my collection.

The third and last group is referred to as "Other BJDs". These are the dolls that are gorgeous but have no real story and character depth. They are dressed up, cuddled, played with, and are usually more "anime" stylized dolls (which include my Volks dolls and Feeple 60s). Essentially, I have bought them because I loved the sculpt, despite not having a story for it. I buy them because they are pretty! I enjoy having them around to diversify my collection.


I realize it comes down to them all being bjds, but by having separate groups I feel less pressured trying to fit a doll into a story where it may not belong; when I love its aesthetic, but feel it has no character I find a place to put them in. This allows me two have two many aesthetic groups and enjoy dolls in different ways.


~~Fantasy/Minis & Creatures~~

Realfee Haru
Peakswoods FOF Rabbit Goon
Bambicrony Kumi
Atelier Momoni Reira
Lillycat Ombré (Pink)
Merry Doll Round Mousse 
Lillycat Chibi Lana
Soom Zard (AN 2015 exclusive - yellow)


H-Nest Panguin
H-Nest Panguin (Pink)
H-Nest Panguin (Mint)
H-Nest Panguin (Lavender)
H-Nest Wolf Nyangguin
H-Nest Wangguin
H-Nest Basic Mini Panguin & Mini Black beak Panguin

~~Minis/Modern~~

Minifee Renewal AL Liria
Minifee AL Lishe
Minifee AL Celine 

Minifee Moe Ria
Minifee FL Lucywen 

~~SD Dolls~~

Leekeworld Arien

Fairyland Feeple60 Chloe
Fairyland Feeple60 Moe Celine (Tan)
Fairyland Feeple60 Juri 2012

Iplehouse nYid Erica
Iplehouse nYid Emilia

~~VOLKS Dolls~~

Volks SD13 Rinon  
Volks SDGr Creamy Mami
Volks SD13 Kazuya Kujo
Volks SDgr Tsunenaga Hasekura Ver.2
Volks Dear SD Megu
Volks Midi Kira
Volks SDC Renee
Volks Midi F-40
Volks YoSD Neon [2nd]

~~Latis~~

Latidoll Yellow Beauty and the Beast ver. Lady Pot [Sissi]
Latidoll Yellow Noa-Basic ver.
Latidoll Yellow Coco-Basic ver.

~~The Unoas~~

Unoa Lusis (old normal skin)
Unoa Sist (fresh skin)
Unoa Lusis (fairy skin)
Unoa Lusis (paradise skin)

No comments:

Post a Comment